Tuesday 23 April 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Show Off Mascara Review


So I recently purchased this mascara whilst on a shopping binge at Boots, and since I was on the hunt for a new mascara anyway since my Benefit they're real mascara is starting to dry out slightly (le sigh), and decided to pick this up (without any thought as to what it was like) and it luckily resembles Benefit's they're real pretty well! It cost £6.99 which is the usual for a drugstore mascara, and I bought it in Black. 


The packaging is nice, nothing too out there for Rimmel, just a pink tube. It's shaped like a bullet.... not much else I can say about the packaging really!


The brush is AMAZING. It really does look like the Benefit They're real wand (read my review here), with the big plastic bristles at the base and the round pointy load of bristles at the top to target those pesky little lashes that an ordinary wand could never coat. I really like how it gets every little lash, and coats them a lovely deep black. The only thing that I wasn't happy with (which probably has nothing to do with the mascara itself) was that it was drying out already when I bought it, but was packaged when I bought it... hoping it's just a one off! I think this mascara also works well lapplied on top of the Benefit mascara since they're the same brush design, although I think this Rimmel one is slightly larger. 


(Apologies for the naff eye shot!)

This is the result,  Long flirty lashes! I'd give it a 4/5, only because I'm devoted to the Benefit mascara already... I feel like I'm cheating! I would purchase again though if I couldn't afford the other mascara or even just to apply on top.

Have you tried any Scandaleyes products from Rimmel?

Lauren xo

No comments:

Post a Comment