Sunday 28 July 2013

JULY FAVOURITES BABY!


Can't believe we're already at the end of July!?! Feels like this year is whizzing by, before we know it, we'll be running around like headless chickens in preparation for Christmas! Anyway, before we get all depressed and start to wonder where the year is going, I have my July favourites for you!

1. MUA Heaven & Earth Palette and the MUA Undressed Palette both £4.00 - I've found myself using these two palettes continuously this past month! They both have every nude/natural colour you could want, and since I love a good natural eye, these two palettes have had my back. They both contain 12 shades each, and consist of both matte and shimmer shadows, so they're both fantastic to keep in your bag so you can switch your eye look up through day to evening if you're off out. 

2. George Shimmer me! Shimmering brush on powder in Heaven Sent £3.50 - I was wondering around in ASDA and was looking through the makeup section when I saw the George stand, which is ASDA's own clothing and makeup brand. I saw this shimmer brick and thought it looked so pretty, almost like a sunset effect. The colours are beautiful and I couldn't help but pick it up, at £3.50 it's a steal. The powder has 5 different colours which can be used all together to create a beautiful peach/pink flush or separate  It isn't too powdery and the pigmentation is AMAZING. I'd definitely recommend having a browse next time you're in your local ASDA, the selection of makeup is fantastic.

3. Sleek Shimmer Blush in Rose Gold £4.49 - This is one of the best blushes I have probably ever purchased, and I'm a bit late on this one. From other reviews, it's apparently very much like NARS Orgasm which I have never tried so I can't really comment on that but from the reviews and pictures it does seem very very similar  It has an amazing subtle gold sheen which looks amazing. I'm going to be doing a full review very soon so keep your eyes peeled!

4. Rimmel Anti Shine powder in Transparent £3.99 - I really love this powder, it seems to be the only one I've used that has kept my face matte throughout the day. It doesn't turn your makeup caked which is a plus! 

5. St. Moriz fake tanning mousse in Medium £2.99 - I absolutely adore this tanning mousse! I love their liquid tanner too! You can find a full review on the mousse here

6. L'OREAL Paris Elvive ExtraOrdinary Oil UV filter £8.49 - Still loving this hair oil, it helps protect my hair and keep it moisturised and frizz free. I've noticed when I don't use this oil, my hair becomes dry, stiff and brittle. It's amazing.

7. Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour felt tip eyeliner in black £2.99 - I've been using this for months now and it is still my favourite! The felt tip makes it easy to apply and the liquid liner comes out blackest black. It doesn't go flaky or crack either, which is a must! Budge proof!

8. Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara in Ultra Black £7.99- I apply this over my Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara and it adds more volume giving me long thick fluttery lashes. Absolute must now!

9. Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara in Extreme Black £6.99 - LOVE this mascara, it's my go to for everyday looks. It gives me longer lashes, and lasts all day with no lid transfer. If I'm going out for the evening I coat the Bourjois clubbing mascara over the top to pack a punch of volume! I find I don't have to wear falsies either, yay!

10. L'OREAL Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen in Light £8.49 - This is pretty expensive for a concealer/highlighter pen but it is so damn worth it! I've seen a few YouTube beauty guru's rave about this product and I caved. It's amazing at covering up dark circles! A full review to come ;-)!

11. Chanel LEVRES SCINTILLANTES GLOSSIMER in the shade MICA £21.00 - I've had this for a long time, and I was never really crazy about it but this month it has been creeping into my handbag many a time, and I have to say I have fallen in love. It's perfect in creating full looking lips, it's pigmented and non sticky. Hoping to get my hands on a few more shades soon!

12. MUA Eyeshadow Trio in INNOCENCE £1.25 - This trio is not only perfect for travel, has the most amazingly pigmented shimmer shadows that all compliment each other and can be worn together for a smoky look or alone, but it's also only £1.25... it's nuts! The shades are so beautiful and I find compliment my brown eyes nicely. I can't believe how pigmented these are too!

13. MUA Nail Varnish in ALL NUDE £1.00 - You can't go wrong with the MUA nail varnishes, especially for the price. The quality are amazing, colour pay off is exceptional for the price and longevity is cracking. Lasts more than a week chip free! I've been loving this bone colour recently! 

14. Curious by Britney Spears Parfum £22.00 - I've found myself reaching for this a lot this month. Its a beautiful fruity meets floral scent and perfect for summer. 

What's been your most favourite product this month? 

Lauren xo

1 comment:

  1. Great post and products lovely! I need to try the L'Oreal highlighting pen, it sounds amazing! I am such a massive fan of the Sleek blush, it's so gorgeous and makes my skin look so dewy and pretty! <3

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete