Thursday 23 May 2013

HAUL || Make up Edition

Since I've accumulated a few products this month, I thought I'd do a little post on what I've managed to get my paws on. I don't usually buy things over an amount of time, I usually go on a big spend on pay day, but I'm trying to be good and not buy things just for the sake of it being pay day ! I've tried to only buy things I'm running low on, or things I know I'll get use out of. My make up draws are over flowing with products I never use and never will get much out of, which needless to say, has made me penny less without getting anything out of it! Annoying!


1. No7 Natural Blush tint powder in Honey* - £8.00 Gifted - I was lucky enough to have had this gifted to me by my lovely sister-in-law! I thought I'd add it to my haul anyway! I'm so grateful that I was gifted this, as it's the perfect contour shade for my skin tone! Unlike many bronzers used to  contour, they can end up looking orange or muddy. This beautiful honey/taupe colour is just what I've been looking for in a contour shade. The powder itself isn't that horrid powdery substance that can lead to loss of pigment, it packs on to the brush nicely and the pigment is amazing, it also blends superbly. 

2. Topshop Blush in Flush - £ 6.00 - I spotted this whilst browsing the Topshop make up section, and ultimately was pulled in by the rosie peach fluorescent shade... I don't know if that's a good thing! I tested it out on my hand and it was much like a creme blush but once blended, it turns into a powder. I was sold! I've only used it once so far, and like it but trying to get to grips with the formulation!

3. Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush in Veloute De Peche £7.49 - I've already done a review, and pretty much explain everything in the post. Not too over the moon with it but it works well as a subtle wash of colour.


4. Topshop Nail Paint in Celestial - £5.00 - Picked this up in the queue to pay for my blush, and fell in love with the pretty sky blue hue. Perfect for s/s!

5. Bourjois Paris So Laque Glossy Nail Enamel in Oh So Rose - £5.99 - Really pretty nude polish but takes a few coats to get a good pigment on the nail. 


6. Garnier Pure Active 2in1 Tinted Spot Roll-On concealing treatment £7.99 - Bought this and realised it wasn't the one I wanted once I got home! Nonetheless, it's a good concealer for under eyes and to cover spots. I also like that the applicator is metal and is always cold and soothes under your eyes! 

7. NYX Concealer Wand and Concealer Jar Duo - £10.00 - Heard good things about this and caved. Really amazing coverage and getting two concealers is always a good thing, right? Review soon to come!


8. Rimmel Scandal'eyes Mascara £6.99 - I really like the brush on these mascara's, they remind me of Benefit's They're Real's wand. 

9. Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara Ultra Black £7.99 - I used to use this all the time years ago, and when I saw it in superdrug I had a little nostalgic moment. The only thing I hate is that there's nothing to catch the product inside, so your brush is caked in mascara.

10. Rimmel Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Liner in Black Kiss £5.29 - I was keen to try this out but not loving it at the moment. I think I prefer felt tip liners, as these sort of ones can be pretty gloopy and messy!

11. L'oreal Renewal Lash Serum £3.49 - I originally got this on Fragrance Direct but it seems to have disappeared  so I found it on Direct Fragrance. I've not used this long enough to see a difference in my lashes... I'll keep you updated! 

12. Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude £3.99 - I've wanted a flesh toned eyeliner for yonks, since sometimes white can be too much in the waterline for everyday. Loving this one from Rimmel.


Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint - Stay Very Berry £5.99 - I love love love lip tints! I have so many of them! I prefer using these to lipsticks and glosses, as they're less mess and easier to use. This one comes with a balm to stop your lips from drying out from the felt tip. I want them all!


So, that's my recent purchases! Have you tried any of these products? If so, what do you think of them?

Lauren xo

No comments:

Post a Comment