Wednesday 30 January 2013

Soap and Glory The Fab Pore









Isn't it pretty?! I almost feel guilty using it and ruining it. I bought this at boots about a week or more ago, whilst I was on the hunt for a new cleanser that would get rid of my makeup. I usually use the boots vitaman E hot cloth cleanser, but I couldn't find it in store and just as I was about to give up, I came across this gem in the soap and glory section. 

I was a bit dubious, though. I know soap and glory tend to be pretty good but I only thought they did certain skin care items, I never knew about a hot cloth cleanser by them. I bought it anyway, and have been using it for the past week or so.

My first impression was obviously the packaging. It's so cute! I love girlie looking products! The only thing I didn't like was the tube itself...when you squeeze the product out, you end up ruining the look of the tube. I generally have bad history with these sort of tubes, I'm heavy handed and tend to squeeze too hard or twist too hard and the whole thing either breaks and seeps out or it explodes! I would have preferred a plastic sort of tube, but I can see why they used this type of tube because they tend to be easier in getting the last drop of product out of them...if they don't break in the process. You also get a free muslin cloth, which is always nice! (I didn't picture it here because it's got make up on it haha)

The product itself smells nice, a bit vanillary, but I'm not too fussed on the smell. Nothing to really report home on. It's packed with loads of oils to help moisturise the skin and protect it, though you can't really smell the oils...like I said it's more vanilla than anything! The products consistency is really light and dilutes really REALLY easily, as in just the littlest bit of water makes it watery and the cleanser itself is pretty much non existent. I feel like I have to use a lot of product to clean my face, and when it comes to removing make up, it doesn't budge much regarding my mascara...I don't think it would remove waterproof at all. It does remove foundation but not deep enough to remove it all even with the free muslin cloth. I tend to use this and then wash with my Biore cleanser which gets rid of any excess. I think this cleanser would work better if you used it once all traces of make up have been removed. It just doesn't dissolve make up like it says it does. 

I also think due to having to use so much product to even cover my face, the tube wont last long. There isn't a great amount of product anyway, but it would last longer if it wasn't so easily watered down and a bit more creamy. 

I've also got a nice spot since using this...not sure if it has anything to do with the product but I usually only get blemishes. Not too fussed about getting a spot even if it was the product, but it obviously doesn't cleanse as deep as they say. I'm going to try it when my face is completely make up/dirt free and see how it is then. It might work better and I might fall in love with it, but until then I'm not too impressed with it even though it is a lovely product...it just doesn't do what it says on the tin!

Like I said, I'll continue to experiment with it, and see how I can make it work for me. It's not a poor product by any means. I'm more bummed about how easy it is to make it go watery. I have to use a lot to cover my face...my head must be huge! We'll see if it can work another way :)

Any recommendations from the Soap and Glory beauty range?

2 comments:

  1. Hi just found your blog! Quite disappointed with this product then, bit of a shame because I always hear great reviews on their bath stuff etc - I just assumed the beauty/face products would be just as good haha! However, I've heard good things about their under-eye concealers and highlighters :)

    If you have a chance, take a little look at my blog? If you enjoy, maybe we could follow each other? Lucy xx

    www.behind-clothes-doors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this, I find it really creamy and it leaves my skin feeling so soft! xx

    ReplyDelete